Campo Imperatore can be considered the most important spot of central Italy where to do freeride, all with sea view: a show that only the Gran Sasso massif and a few other mountains can boast.
You will get embarsassed for choice among descents ranging from 300 m to 1400 m in drop: easy routes and steep slopes, right near the lifts.
- Meeting point at 07:30 at the parking lot of the cableway of Campo Imperatore in Fonte Cerreto to check the safety equipment and take the first cableway.
- Day of the various off-piste areas: Valloni, Valle Fredda, Portella, Grotta della Pala, Schioppaturo and others.
- Return to cars at closure of plants (16:30).
Good physical preparation, good technique of descent in off-piste (whether telemark, snowboard, or ski), sufficient training for walking 45min / 1h with skis on the shoulders.
The program can be modified or interrupted by the mountain guide due to the insufficient technical level of the participants or for meteorological reasons.
- Off-piste skis, or snowboard
- Ski boots or ski mountaineering boots
- Ski helmet
- Telescopic ski poles for snowboarders
- 1 locking carabiner
- Classic axe
- Crampons suitable for your ski mountaineering boots
Possibility to rent (before departure): harness, helmet, LVS, shovel,
probe, ice ax and crampons.
- Sunglasses for high mountain / glacier
- Buff – Foulard
- Fiber turtleneck sweater
- Windstopper or fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket (ex: Gore-tex, pac-lite, conduit…)
- Ski pants
- Gore-tex overpants
- Ski gloves
Inside the backpack [30 lt maximum]:
- Light gloves
- 1 lt bottle or Thermos
- Paper towels
- Multi-purpose pocket knife
- Cereal bars for a snack
- Personal pharmacy kit (compeed patch, aspirin, high protection sunscreen, ...)
Included (rough estimate)
- guide's fee
- common material use
- eventual hire of equipment (LVS, shovel, probe, ice ax and crampons - require before departure).
- tickets for skilifts
- hire of personal material
and everything not mentioned in the issue "Included".
In case of modification of the itinerary due to causes external to the organization (adverse weather conditions, technical level of the participants, etc.) the unforeseen expenses will be debited to the participants.
- Cartography: Carta CAI L’Aquila – Gran Sasso d’Italia 1:25000
- Bibliography: Guida Gran Sasso d’Italia, Grazzini e Abbate ed. by TCI and CAI
- Tourism Office:
Via XX September, 8
Tel: +39 0862 2 23 06
- Fax: +39 0862 2 74 86
Accommodation in the area
For information and reservations:
Phone: +39 3477661126